Thursday, November 12, 2009

Two weeks old!


Our little man is two weeks old today!! I swear, I blink and the days are over! These last two weeks have been a whirlwind--but good! Here are some things we've learned so far:
1) How to QUICKLY change a diaper and to make sure it's tight enough--even so, Fin has managed to pee on LOTS of clothes, blankets, burp cloths, sheets, etc.
2) 2 hours is just NOT a lot of time! (nap time)
3) It's ok if I don't shower until 3:00.
4) I really could hold him and stare at him for hours...but I try not to!
5) I will now hear EVERY little peep he makes--monitors or not! This is amazing to me, because those if you who know, I am a very heavy sleeper! It's like I now have these special mom ears.
6) Jacob, on the other hand, will only hear him when I gently "nudge" him awake. :) But, once awake, he is a great help!
7) Friends and family bringing meals over is the best thing in the world! We never eat this good and our fridge is never this full!!
8) Sometimes I will cry when he cries...especially at 2 am when he's clean and fed...
9) Our capacity to love is amazing...I adore Finley and my Hubby more and more every day.
10) God is so faithful and every good gift comes from Him. He has so richly blessed our lives. Oh, how He loves us...

Momma Schway




2 comments:

  1. Aw, that's so sweet! I can't believe he is already two whole weeks old!! We miss him down here! :) Love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! Its like something happens to your spirit when you bring life into the world! I am so proud of you guys as parents and I just love baby Fin! Can't wait to see him again soon!

    ReplyDelete